Many of our visitors are delighted to discover Spirit Mountain
Artworks in such a beautiful out-of-the-way setting. First time
visitors often hear about us by word of mouth. We regularly become
a "must see" on return visits! Purchasing
from us is easy!
Gift certificates are available! Call or
use our online feedback form to inquire.
We can work out a gift certificate that can be mailed, or held for
that special person to use during our December traveling shows or
at the gallery during the summer season.
We also have a Wish List Registry for weddings,
special occasions, and for your loved ones who are gift-shopping-challenged.
Contact us with the artists or items
you like, and we will gently guide your beloved in the right direction
when they stop by the gallery or visit our December traveling show.
We're sure you'll be pleased with the quality and price range of
our wide selection. We have thousands of items and more than one
hundred artists and suppliers. You'll be pleased
to know that our art is lovingly crafted by individuals, with a
face and a story behind every object. Check out the most
recent photos of the December traveling shows, the gallery,
and the Chitina area.
Just a few of the items you might discover while
browsing our gallery include:
- a porcelain casserole built by one of our Alaskan
- gold nugget earrings from a family mine in Indian
- a silver ring by a soccer dad in Homer
- a felted hat by a mom who takes her kids rafting on the
- original oil canvases by an experienced and well traveled
painter working from her small cabin in Cordova
- colorful prints created by a young Down syndrome artist,
whose work was chosen to promote the 2001 Winter Special Olympics
Art and Artists
- Kevin K.C. Crowley, Ink
- Jen-Ann Kirchmeier, Oils
- Janaan Kitchen, Batik
- Jean Shadrach, Watercolor
- Sue Zajac, Marbling
Prints & Reproductions
- Shannon Cartwright
- Kevin K.C. Crowley, Woodblock
- Sharon Freeman
- Spence Guerin
- Terri Jo Hedman
- Dorothy Hook
- Gail Niebrugge
- Kathy Sarns
- Marianne Wieland
- Vladimir Zhikhartsev
- Jim Brasheary
- Ann Newbury
- Leonard Peck & Valerie Luczak
Back to Top
- Arlene Cowles, Indian Valley Mines, Gold Nugget Earrings
- Judie Gumm Designs, Silver and Gold
- Larry Hoare, Winter Creek Jewelry, Silver & Gold
- Art & Shasta Koeninger, Silver and Gold
- Geoff & Sandy Olson, Jack of Arts, Scrimshaw on Fossil
- Meriam Olson, Bone and Beads
- Pat Pearlman, Silver & Gold
- Robert Walsh, Handmade Glass
- Dan Greenwood, Shango Drums
- George Overpeck, turned Bowls
Back to Top
- April Bederman, Handmade Pillows, Eye Pillows, Hats,etc.
- Kitty Kincaid, K.A.T.'S, Marbled and Batik Silk
- Heather Krawiec, Mountain Heather Hats
- Chelline Larsen, Handpainted Silk
- Sub, Arctic Spinners Co-Op, Sled Dog Fur/Wool Knitted
- Robin Underwood, Wild & Wooly, Hand Felted Hats/Scarves
- Salli Burgin
- Helga Wagenleiter
- Maynard Linder, Dancing Man Knives & Ulus
- Trusten Peery, Wrought Iron
Back to Top
- Pat Fitzgerald, 10th Planet Records, Singer/Songwriter
- Robin Dale Ford, 10th Planet Records, Singer/Songwriter
- David Grimes, Singer/Songwriter
- Jurgin Ogrodnik, Classical Guitar
- Pumyua, Native Alaskan, Worldbeat
- Will Putman, Singer/Songwriter
- Libby Roderick, Turtle Island Records, Singer/Songwriter
- Ken Waldman, Fiddler, Poet
Health, Beauty, &
- Denali Dreams, Soaps & Salves
- Kahiltna Birchworks, Birch syrup and candies
- Elizabeth Neumann, Swamp Sister Salves and Ointments
Back to Top
"One of the best craft displays
in all of Alaska. Prices are very fair."
Dick & Julia B.
Palm Harbor, FL
"The finest small shop I've
seen in ages."
"Great store, great weather,
nice town in the middle of nowhere."
Nanny & Frank K.
"Objets de bonne qualite."
Marie Françoise N.
"The best ulus I've ever seen
new or used , worth a trip!"
"One of my favorite galleries
in Alaska. Such a nice variety of artwork."
"Your prices are very reasonable.
I live in the Alaskan Bush and things would cost twice
this! Great store."
Spirit Mountain Artworks | PO Box 22 Chitina, AK
99566 | email@example.com
Summer Phone 907.823.2222 | Winter Phone 907.235.1014
Photos © Art Koeninger unless otherwise attributed.
No images may be copied or otherwise used without permission of
Art Koeninger or Spirit Mountain Artworks.
Web Site Design by Elizabeth